Sunday, May 10, 2009

More Hope & Encouragement

The great Uncle Two Fingers (aka Gaucho) has a longtime friend by the name of Tom Y. who I had the pleasure of meeting last summer. As it turns out, Tom is a cancer survivor and the encouraging part is that he had the same type of cancer and very similar symptoms as what I have.

Tom and I spoke, Tom and Dana spoke, I spoke with Dana...Anyway, Tom first found out he had Squamous cell carcinoma on his tonsil as well as cells in a "lump" in his neck. Initially Tom couldn't remember and Dana and I were really curious whether the lump Tom had on his neck was an actual cancer growth/tumor or enlarged lymph nodes due to Squamous cell carcinoma. Tom quickly got back to me today after emailing his ENT to get me an answer...

"Fred and Dana, I shot an email to my ENT and asked if my cancer was in the lymph nodes and this was her response; Your disease was within the lymph nodes, left tonsil and my left upper neck nodes. Take care and have a great weekend. Tom"

I think Tom said he had a total of 4 chemo treatments mixed in with 8 weeks of 5 days/week radiation treatments. Tom is celebrating his 2nd year of being cancer free. Way to go my friend and thanks for giving me another reason to fight!

1 comment:

  1. Fred,
    You know Phil and I are praying for you daily. You are one one of the strongest people I know and you are up for quite a battle but I know at the end of the fight you will be declared the WINNER!
    Love you lots,
    Colleen and Phil

    ReplyDelete