Saturday, June 20, 2009

First Time, D



Hello family and friends, this is my first time writing something on Fred's blog, I'm not the writer of the family, Fred is much more eloquent then I am so bare with me...To say what Fred is going through right now is tough is putting it mildly. Each day brings a new challenge for him as well as our family, we weren't expecting it to get rough so fast. The philosophy of our family since Fred's diagnosis has been "to wake up each day and Live!"easier said then done I know, but we will not give up. I believe that Fred will kick this cancers butt with every part of my being, it's just watching him go through so much to get there that hurts. I can't begin to tell you how much your kindness and prayers help our family, you-all know who you are so thank you with all my heart. Fred has begun using his feeding tube, it has become very difficult to swallow, let alone taste food. His neck became swollen with what we now know is an infection, he is on antibiotics for that as well as many other meds to combat the side effects of treatment. We go this Tuesday for the second chemo treatment, so he is almost half way done! The green bands in this picture were designed by Ande N. for her uncle Steve who sadly lost his battle with tongue cancer. The inscription on the band says "courage without a roar"TC. Fred and I wear them proudly in memory of Steve and also for Freds battle with Tongue Cancer. Any family member or friend if you wish to do the same let us know, kindly Ande N. and Katie W. have supplied us with the bands to pass on...Thank you A & K! That's all for now, I'm off to Wegmans in search of something that Fred might actually taste, were trying Lobster today, keep your fingers crossed! Love and :) Peace Dana

3 comments:

  1. Fred and Dana, Our thoughts and prayers are with you all...Hang in there, Bud, you're half way there. Miss Molly looks like she's doing her job lovingly and efficiently.
    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Fred, Dana and kids,

    Just letting you know we are thinking about you! Love, Vicki and Rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Fred,
    Saw your Dad today at the bank,and he updated me on what you're going through. About a half hour later, Kim came in. We send our love and prayers..you WILL get through this. I believe attitude is at least 70% cure. I think of you, Dana, Andrew and Maddie daily.
    All my love..sending good vibes your way.
    Sue Burgess

    ReplyDelete