What can I say...this event was very humbling. It has been a long time since I was "up" and active and not sitting or laying down for 6 hours straight! Not only was I "up" and active, I was having so much fun! Yes, I did go home yesterday and find a pillow and slept in today, but it was SO worth it. I know it is just a matter of time and I'll be back at full strength and yesterday was a great taste of what to look forward to. I can't thank you all enough for coming out and sharing a most memorable day with me in support of cancer. I was totally blown away to see the amazing turnout. From family and friends, high school and college buds that I haven't seen in years to other cancer survivors and people I had never even met before! Unfortunately, I couldn't spend the amount of time with some of you I otherwise would have liked, but we will catch up real soon. Otherwise, the event went so well, that Outback wants to have this as an annual event! Thanks so much to Outback, Steph & Dan and the rest of the Hawk crew for putting on the event and a very special thanks to my great friends from the Lou Franco Project...Lou, Jaco, and Scott for providing overtime entertainment that was enjoyed by all! My understanding is that you all were very generous with your donations and I will be sure to post yesterday's fundraising total as soon as I get it from Steph.
It was a rainy and dreary day just about 3 months ago when Dana drove me in to the hospital for my first treatment of chemo and radiation. God couldn't have afforded a more perfect day to celebrate what I believe to be the new road to a long cancer free life while helping to raise money to find a cure for this horrible disease. As I mentioned in my previous post, I am scheduled for a PET scan now on 9/28 and there is still a chance I may have to have my lymph nodes removed in a surgery down the road. Keep the prayers coming and I'll keep you posted.
Thank You...and Goodnight

You look MAHVELOUS!!
ReplyDelete